Engagement Rings Guide
An engagement ring is usually presented as a betrothal gift by a man to his prospective bride while or after, she accepts his marriage proposal.
It represents a formal agreement to future marriage. The engagement ring is generally worn on by lady on the left hand, 3rd finger from the thumb.
Types of Engagement Rings:
1. Solitaire Diamond Ring:This is arguably the most beautiful of all engagement rings, with a single, big and bright diamond set in Gold, Platinum or other precious metal.
2. 3 Stone Ring:In this ring, a big Diamond is set in the centre, while two diamonds or other precious stones are set on either side. This ring looks most beautiful when it is made in all Diamonds, i.e. the side stones are also Diamonds.
3. Engagement Ring with Side-Stones:: This ring has a Diamond in centre, with multiple small precious stones on either side.
Questions asked by our Shoppers:
"What size Diamond should I get her? How much should I spend on it?"
First of all, congratulations on your decision! Now, generally two-month’s salary is the typical budget that is allotted for an engagement ring, but you can certainly be flexible and decide your own budget. Although a diamond is something that is treasured for years or sometimes even generations, we would say that not only get her the biggest Diamond, but also one of the best graded diamond, preferably with a G.I.A Grading Report, with a ring that compliments her hand.
"Which ring will complement her hand??"
Every woman is unique, and what you choose to appreciate in her is most important!
What we mean is when you are selecting the ring, consider her precious qualities that you appreciate, and get her a ring that will highlight these qualities.
Confused? Don’t worry, here are some simple, practical tips:
• If she has small hands and fingers: Get her a broad ring with a diamond that is not too big, something in the size of 0.50 to 1.00cts.
• If she has average sized hands and fingers: You are lucky! You can get her almost any ring and it will suit her well, although try to get her something that will make her fingers appear long, like a 3 stone ring.
• If she has long slender fingers: The best ring for such a woman is a big solitaire ring, made in White Gold or Platinum. Also, you could get her a 3 stone Yellow Gold ring with sapphires or rubies on either side.
• If she is an Artistic Woman: The artist loves details! So the best ring for her would be:
A ring having intricate carving work, like this one, or
A ring having multiple diamonds, with a detailed diamond setting, something like this.
• If she is a successful, Corporate Woman: Get her the no-nonsense ring! Which means get her the biggest, most beautiful Diamond Solitaire Ring!
• For the Sensitive, Gentle Woman: Since she is a sensitive woman, why not get her a delicate, subtle channel set ring, like this one...
"How can I know which ring to buy from a website? I cannot visualize it on a computer screen, can I??"
Yes, sometimes it is difficult to ‘guess’ how a ring will look in real life. But here, at Light of Venus, it's easy for you!
On every ring page, we have included an image that will show you 'how the ring will look' when it’s worn!
This is done by showing you a preview photo of the real ring on a sketch of a hand.
Click here to see how the preview looks like!
Tips while buying engagement rings:
• Always buy an engagement ring with a 3rd party grading report. Since most probably you are going to buy a big, premium diamond, and hence getting it certified from a reputed laboratory eliminates any room for fraud.
• Get her the correct size ring: If you don’t know her ring size, don’t get a random sized ring! You can know her ring size by either asking her close friends, sister or mother, or you can get one of her ring and mark it’s inside diameter, from which you can get the size, check here how to do it!
• If your proposal is official, then the simplest way to know her ring size is by getting our free, perfect ring sizer, it doesn't get any simpler.
• You can Order the Perfect Ring Sizer here.
If you have any questions on engagement rings, don’t hesitate to mail us on email@example.com
, and we will include it in this section.
Wedding Rings Guide
In this section we will find out more about wedding bands\rings.
The Wedding Ring or Band:
A ring is an unending loop, it doesn’t ‘end’ anywhere and that is why since ancient times, it has been the symbol of love due to this 'unending nature'.
For more than a thousand years, wedding bands have symbolized the everlasting love that two people have for each other.
The wedding Band consists of a ring made out of a precious metal like Gold, Platinum or Silver, and is usually worn by the lady on the left hand, 3rd finger from the thumb. A man usually wears his wedding band on the same finger, but on the right hand.
The Wedding Band is sometimes also made before the wedding, as a promise ring.
TIPS while buying Wedding Bands:
• Since Wedding Bands are made of only precious metal, and generally made in Gold, always ensure that you get them made in Hallmarked Gold, so that you are assured of the Gold Purity.
• The thickness of a Wedding Band is also important; get a medium sized Band, something between 3 to 5mm for a woman, and around 5-8mm for the man. In case the wearer is a person with big hands and fingers, then get them a ring of around 8-10mm wide.
Questions asked by our shoppers.
"Can I make a wedding band in Silver?"
Yes you can! In fact when you make your wedding bands in Silver, it will not only decrease your budget, but since Silver is naturally white, even after months of daily wear-tear, the ring will still look white!
"Which wedding band looks better, the court ring or the round ring?"
This is a person specific question, the court ring and the round ring, both look extremely stunning! It comes down to personal choice.
The Anniversary Ring, or The Eternity Ring
The eternity ring is a very unique ring, and can only be made for the person wearing it.
This is because an eternity ring has Diamonds set besides each other, and these Diamonds run all through the ring, completely covering it, even at the bottom of the finger!
Since such a ring cannot be resized due to the presence of Diamonds all over, this ring has to be made very precisely, and should be made only when the accurate size is known.
This ring is given to celebrate an anniversary, and on receiving this ring a woman is reassured of the eternal love that her man has for her!
Questions asked by our shoppers.
"Are there any varieties in eternity rings? From your above description, it seems as if there is only one, basic type of eternity ring."
The above description only describes the basic eternity ring for theoretical purpose.
There are many variations in the eternity ring:
"How big should an eternity ring be?"
The size of an eternity ring depends on the size of the diamonds, browse through our Eternity Rings Collection
to see many sizes and variations.
Tips while buying Eternity Rings:
• Get the accurate ring size! Since this ring is extremely difficult to resize, be sure of the ring size.
• If the ring usage is going to be 'rough', we advise you to go for a half-eternity ring, like this half-eternity ring.
• While doing daily chores in the house, remove the eternity ring, as the Diamonds and the metal polish at the bottom of the ring might get damaged.
Daily wear and Casual Rings
The perfect rings for birthdays, surprises, or celebration of any kind!
Fancy rings are unique, distinct and exceptionally attractive!
Sometimes, a single ring may consist of diamonds of various sizes, and that is why fancy rings can be customized according to your budget and choice.
In our vast selection of fancy rings, you can customize metal type, metal colour, Diamond size, Diamond quality and many more such things for each ring!
Questions asked by our shoppers.
"Who designs such fancy rings?"
We have professional Jewelry designers on our team, who continuously create new designs. But at Light of Venus, only 1 in 10 designs actually pass the selection stage!
And it is only at Light of Venus that you can become a ‘part-designer’. You see, often a design can be customized, altered just by changing one element, like the metal colour, or the size of the diamonds.
At Light of Venus, you can change your fancy ring by modifying Diamond size, Diamond quality, selecting your metal and its color, choosing Platinum prongs, etc.
Hence, now at our store, you can ‘Be The Designer’ for your own jewels!
"Can fancy rings be worn daily?"
Yes, fancy rings can definitely be worn daily!
Care should be only taken when doing rigorous activity like household chores, or jobs involving grease, dirt, etc.
Also, the rings should be regularly cleaned using a jewelry cleaner product.
"Why aren’t fancy rings popular outside India?"
In most foreign countries, the most important aspect of a Diamond Ring is considered to be the Diamond!
Due to which, instead of the design, more effort is put in getting the best Diamond, and rightly so!
"Should we look for the perfect design or the perfect diamond?"
Good question! Since this question is very person-specific, a generalised answer is not possible.
But in such a case, our opinion would be that:
Everyone should keep one thing in mind, that after a few months or years, it is the Diamond that is going to 'outshine' everything else; the metal, the design, etc.
Hence, we believe that anytime, anyone is buying a Diamond Ring, the maximum effort should be given to get the best possible Diamond!
Tips while buying Fancy Diamond Rings:
• Do not wear fancy rings during household chores, as this will scratch the metal, decrease its lustre, and may even damage the diamonds.
• Since fancy rings have multiple diamonds, always buy them with a genuine, 3rd party laboratory certificate.